SNMP Agent Builder 7.0
iReasoning SNMP Agent Builder is a Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool for Java based SNMP agent development. It is capable of building two different types of SNMP agents: monolithic agents or extensible agents with master/subagent architecture based on AgentX technology ( in version 3.0). An intuitive graphical user interface is provided for automating a wide variety of SNMP agent development tasks, including automatically generating agent java source code from MIBs, incremental agent development, etc. All SNMP versions (SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3) are fully supported both on SNMP agent and manager sides. Many complex SNMP issues, such as SNMPv3 USM/VACM and inter-table indexing, are already handled in base classes and hidden from the developers. Agent architecture is based on industry standard JMX™*technology that provides a solid and flexible framework. In many cases this tool can cut agent development cycle time by more than 80%. Check out user guide, FAQ, and javadoc for more information.
- The first Java SNMP product to support both DES and strong 128-bit AES encryption algorithms
- Complete SNMPv1,v2c and v3 (USM and VACM) support
- Complete SNMPv3 USM support, including HMAC-MD5, HMAC-SHA, HMAC-SHA2, CBC-DES, CFB128-AES-128, CFB128-AES-192, CFB128-AES-256 algorithms
- Support for master/subagent architecture based on standard AgentX technology
- Support for building Windows Extension Agent
- Intuitive GUI tool for automatically generating java source code from MIBs
- Greatly reduces complexity of agent development. Many tricky SNMP issues are hidden from developers.
- Many optimization techniques are employed to create high performance agents
- Conformance to SNMP RFCs
- Support for dynamic row creation and deletion
- Small-footprint agents
- IPv6 support
- Easy-to-understand configuration file format
- Re-configurable at run time
- Multihome Interfaces support
- VACM-like support for SNMPv1/v2c agents. Different community strings can be associated with different MIB views.
- Runtime Environment: J2SE (version 1.3+), J2EE and J2ME CDC (Note: SNMPv3 AES encryption is not supported in J2ME CDC)
* Agent Builder contains the JMX™ Technology. JMX and all JMX based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
MIB-II & HOST-RESOURCES-MIB Agent Reference Implementation
It is recommended for your SNMP agent to implement standard MIB (MIB-II) in addition to proprietary MIBs. Otherwise some SNMP managers can not effectively collect data from your SNMP agent.
This product is a reference implementation of a MIB-II (RFC 1213, Windows & Linux) and HOST-RESOURCES-MIB (Linux only) agent using the Agent Builder tool. It uses JNI to obtain low-level system data (Java only cannot get enough system-level data). Currently Windows (HOST-RESOURCES-MIB not supported) and Linux are supported. However, the C code can be easily ported to other Unix/OS X platforms.
The source code license costs $2,950. It includes complete Java and C source code of the agent (source code of the Agent Builder is not included). It is a great time-saver if you need to implement a MIB-II agent. You can download the trial edition here.